Canyon 306

capeguy

Reaction score
Anyone here run a late model 2015-2018 Canyon 306? Wondering what your experience has been, good & bad. Considering this for my next boat, I run off the South Shore of Mass, fishing with some family cruising. I'm not looking for advice on CC vs Express/Cabins but specifically for this model of CC. If there is another brand/model you feel is comparable, interested in that as well...

bjflink

Reaction score
I run a 2000 Bimini 306 and my neighbor runs a 2016 Canyon 306. Spent considerable amount of time on both. I have new F250s (4.2L version) and he has F300s. They ride exactly the same aside from slightly different fuel burn and top end performance. Incredible boats with plenty of room. Very heavy boats that eat up slop well. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Ben

capeguy

Reaction score
Thanks Ben, any other differences between older models and newer? Looking at later models for the 300s, but wondering if there is much difference? Also now looking at older 336 Canyons. Anything you don't like about the 306?

bjflink

Reaction score
capeguy said:
Thanks Ben, any other differences between older models and newer? Looking at later models for the 300s, but wondering if there is much difference? Also now looking at older 336 Canyons. Anything you don't like about the 306?

Almost identical boats b/w older and new, except older 306’s had a raised casting a platform in the bow vs bench seating in the newer models. Aside from that, very similar. Older models also had a bench helm vs bucket seats in the newer models. The 300’s will buy you an extra 5 knots and slightly faster cruise.

My neighbor just traded his 306 in for the 336. I will be doing the same very soon. The 336 has a genset, A/c and most importantly, a huge refrigerated/freezer fish box and/cooler in the stern....no more ice!! Also has 3 seats at the helm, which is nice. The 306 is very capable and serious fishing machine though. You can’t go wrong. Resale is unmatched.