Canyon 336 2012 "La Mia"

RamonWoods

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum!

I own a 1999 209 Escape Grady white, and now I'm moving to a bigger boat. Recently we bought a 2012 336 Canyon Grady White with almost every option excluding the refrigerator:

Air conditioning in console w/2 outlets at helm (6,000 BTU)
Bow thruster
Casting platform insert w/cushions
Generator - 4kW diesel, 12-gal. (45.4 l) fuel capacity

Lighting - underwater LED (3)
Livewell - 26-gal.
Microwave
Outrigger kit - 15-ft. (4.6 m) radial T-top mounted (w/T-top option only)
Steering - power assist (standard w/TF300 & TF350 pkgs)
T-top (fiberglass) w/radio box, antenna flats, dome light, storage net, fore/aft spreader lights, rod holders (5), outrigger plates & stereo
Table (bow)
Water heater

Custom Options:

Added two LED light in the bow area, just like the 366 Canyon has.
Added an electric Grill in the lean bar.
Added storage Drawers in the Lean bar below the grill and the live well.
Changed the spreader lights to LED.
Added a Sure Shade on top of the T-top.

Electronics:

2 Garmin GPSMAP 7012
Garmin Sounder GSD 22
Garmin VHF 200
Garmin Radar GMR 404 xHD Open Array

Last monday I went to see the progress of the boat to the Grady White Factory. It was an awesome experience, they gave us First Class Treatment. They showed us from how do they make the Hull thru the inspection of the boat. Also we got to see our boat being built. The boat is supposed to ship the 25th of may, so I assume that the boat will be in our hand the 8th of june with all the electronics and engines installed.

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

RamonWoods

Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
Great boat, congrats. I am sure you will enjoy her to the max. Where are you located that you need 220 Volts?

sorry, it was a mistake. Thanks!

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Now that's what I call moving up, from 20 to 33 footer!
Nice.

I presume Grady rigs the motors at the factory? And dealer does the electronics? Motors F350?

How are those batts set up, there appears to be four, are two each parrelled? Are they all the same size and type?

If not familiar, perhaps NEM can answer -

If I was at the factory it was my boat, they would be turning the lights on and off to get rid of me at closing time with all the questions I ask !

RamonWoods

Reaction score
BobP said:
Nice.

I presume Grady rigs the motors at the factory? And dealer does the electronics? Motors F350?

How are those batts set up, there appears to be four, are two each parrelled? Are they all the same size and type?

If I was at the factory it was my boat, they would be turning the lights on and off to get rid of me at closing time with all the questions I ask !

Thanks!

Grady rigs the boat, but the F350's engines are installed in the dealer (It's a warranty thing)
For the batts I don't have that information. that they are two each parralled to extend battery life. They should be same size and type.

Believe me when we went to the factory we asked everything there's to ask about our boat jaja! If I lived close to the factory I would go at least once a week jaja! buy I live in Puerto Rico so, It's not that easy for me. The great thing is that no matter what you ask, they will find a way to answer it for you. We asked some questions that were a little bit complicated and they called David Neese (VP of engineering) and he went to our boat and explained everything to us.

SwampGrizz

Reaction score
This is what sets Grady White head and shoulders above the others, in my view. Customer service and responsiveness to the user. For example, I bought a gently used Grady White from another owner. Grady has not made a dime off of me, but when I called up there, or emailed them with questions, they were as courteous and professional as if I had bought a new one. This is First Class. Imagine if other business treated you this way.

Enjoy your new boat!

SwampGrizz

ioffe

Reaction score
Congrats on the boat. I was wondering what kind of LED spreader lights did they use on your boat?

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes, the batteries are connected in parallel by two's. Each motor pulls/charges from each bank and bow thruster from one bank and windlass from the other. There are two battery switches 1/2/BOTH/OFF, Grady recommends run the switches facing away from each other and that's what i am doing since 2008 without any problems.
What motors on the boat?

RamonWoods

Reaction score
ioffe said:
Congrats on the boat. I was wondering what kind of LED spreader lights did they use on your boat?

Thanks

If I can recall:

Lumitec LED Lights

Capri Flush Mount Flood Light
Caprera Flood Light

RamonWoods

Reaction score
Yes, the batteries are connected in parallel by two's. Each motor pulls/charges from each bank and bow thruster from one bank and windlass from the other. There are two battery switches 1/2/BOTH/OFF, Grady recommends run the switches facing away from each other and that's what i am doing since 2008 without any problems.
What motors on the boat?

Thanks! Good to know!

Twin F350's

bfrank

Reaction score
Awesome boat. I was surfing youtube last night and watched a couple videos on this boat. Looks like you will have plenty of fun!

Does anyone know why they put a diesel genny on the boat vs gas? I hit Google and found a few gas 4 kW models that look similar in size. Just seems like a pain to have a separate tank and fuel from your main engines.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That is a sweet ride. Best of luck with her.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
bfrank said:
Awesome boat. I was surfing youtube last night and watched a couple videos on this boat. Looks like you will have plenty of fun!

Does anyone know why they put a diesel genny on the boat vs gas? I hit Google and found a few gas 4 kW models that look similar in size. Just seems like a pain to have a separate tank and fuel from your main engines.

O less CO danger
O less risk of fume explosion
O quieter

RamonWoods

Reaction score
They told us today that the boat is now in the Finishing Station! So we are very anxious :lol:

Just got some pictures from the Factory:

Casting Platform:

**We told them to divide the casting platform so that it could be used as a seating area when the bow table is in place by just removing the half of it. (the same for the cushions)

photo3-1.jpg

Extra LED Lights on Bow seating area:

photo2-2.jpg

Custom Switch for Sure Shade operation Named: Cockpit Shade:

photo1-2.jpg

JoleGW33

Reaction score
RamonWoods said:
BobP said:
Nice.

Thanks!

Grady rigs the boat, but the F350's engines are installed in the dealer (It's a warranty thing)
For the batts I don't have that information. that they are two each parralled to extend battery life. They should be same size and type.

Believe me when we went to the factory we asked everything there's to ask about our boat jaja! If I lived close to the factory I would go at least once a week jaja! buy I live in Puerto Rico so, It's not that easy for me. The great thing is that no matter what you ask, they will find a way to answer it for you. We asked some questions that were a little bit complicated and they called David Neese (VP of engineering) and he went to our boat and explained everything to us.

Going to Puerto Del Rey? Fischer Panda Gen? Beautiful boat, congrats!

RamonWoods

Reaction score
JoleGW33 said:
RamonWoods said:
BobP said:
Nice.

Thanks!

Going to Puerto Del Rey? Fischer Panda Gen? Beautiful boat, congrats!

Nop, Going to Sun Bay Marina

Thanks!

RamonWoods

Reaction score
More Pics: :dance

Bow Seating:

photo4.jpg

Extra Storage on Lean Bar: (This one was added for stetics, it's for lure Storage)

photo3.jpg

Extra Storage on Lean Bar: (Bulk Storage)

photo2-1.jpg

Extra Storage on Lean Bar: (Layout)

photo1-1.jpg

"La Mia" on her Finishing Stage:

photo2.jpg

"La Mia" on her Finishing Stage:

photo1.jpg

RamonWoods

Reaction score
I am calling Grady tomorrow, i really like those two storage compartments on the lean bar, i hope they fit on mine.

They are great! The problem is if you have two live wells! We got to use that space since we are going to have an electric grill in the left so thats only like 6" deep.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I do have two live wells, but i can really use two of the shallow compartments to store leader spools, something our boats lacks of. I called today and i am waiting for a phone call back.