Canyon 336

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well, the new boat is almost ready to go.

DSC_1589.jpg

DSC_1591.jpg

Enough Already

Reaction score
I saw hull #1 at the factory and was very impressed. That boat is a beast - enjoy! Get her in the water and have some fun before the frigid temps arrive.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Beautiful boat - a real beast.

Best wishes with her.

She needs another set of keel blocks, if she isn't in the water already.... 8)

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A Center Console like that could make me turn to the dark side. What a machine........with those V8's you'll need a pilot's licence.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
megabytes said:
Hey NEM

Tell us about your electronics? Are you going for the new Garmin AP?

I did not order the TR1, the garmin customer service told me to wait 5-6 months to get all the bugs out of the system. So i guess in the beginning of next season will be installed. Here is a pic of the displays

DSC_1601.jpg

and a pic for the radar, gps and XM antennas

DSC_1602.jpg

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I love that boat- congratulations and best of luck.

Any idea on what its name will be? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sinclair

Reaction score
AWESOME

Enjoy her, that boat is outstanding. Now all you need is blood on her decks.

Sinclair :D

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats... that will get you to the canyons pretty quickly. I've been drooling over your express on your marina's website but in this economy that will have to wait :(

Southern Hunter

Reaction score

Congrats and good luck with the boat!!! Im sure you'll love it, by the way I love the dual 4212 setup....what model radar did you go with...I see it's the new Garmin HD but which one? I can't wait to get some real fuel burn numbers on that beast with a fishing load!!

DWiss

Reaction score
I had my 336 for almost a year. Fuel economy fully loaded with gear and fuel is about .9 mpg at 38 mph.

The only complaint has been a generator that sometimes fails to produce any juice. My only suggestion is to make sure you always bring plenty of ice because I learned the hard way (90 miles offshore) that you can't always count on the chiller box.

Other than that the boat is a fishing machine.

Southern Hunter

Reaction score

All you could ever get out of the 336 was .9mpg? With my 305 loaded with 7 guys, 600lbs of ice, tons of tackle, full fuel +50 gallons extra in drums and full water I average between 1.1-1.2mpg. Now I do realize that your boat is a bit wider and bigger but I would have thought it got much better mileage than that....are the 350's that thirsty? I had contemplated putting the 350's on my boat but went with the 250's instead.....after reading this, i'm glad I decided like i did! I have the 4kw FP in mine and have never had one problem at all other than the generator shutting itself down because of low oil...which it was supposed to do...my dealer hadn't filled the oil up to the proper level and I (stupidly) took it for granted that they had an did not check it myself.....but other than that it has been flawless!! Did you figure out what the problem was with yours?