Capt. Phil Harris (Deadliest Catch) has passed away

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear that,he was one of my favorite Captains. God bless Phil and his family.

3rd Day

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Harris family and the crew of the Cornelia Marie. He loved what he did and so many of us got pleasure from his hard work. Thanks Capt. Phil and Rest in Peace.

232 GULF

Reaction score
Very sad to hear. Prayers go out to his two sons, rest of his family, and crew of Cornelia Marie. He seemed like an honest, hard-working guy. Rest in Peace and God bless.

ksgoldman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I don't know what it is about that show that is so addictive but I find myself sitting on the edge of my seat watching each episode (and the reruns as well). I think part of it is that as boaters, we think a bad day is 3-5 foot seas and a little salt water over the helm. You don't appreciate what life is all about until you see one of the guys on the deck of one of the boats on Deadliest Catch almost get swept overboard.

I feel like I know all of the captains and crews personally having watched the show all the time. I liked Phil and am envious of the fact that he got to do what he loved, and got to work with his two sons (a somewhat dysfunctional family at times but a family none-the-less).

I too send my thoughts and prayers to his family at this time. It won't be the same without him.