Captain's Chairs Probs on a 208

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My boat is circa 1998. The base of chair is bolted to a molded compartment,
then a pole about 10" in height. Seat mounts to the pole. Where the seat attaches to the pole, there is a ring, the tension for which is tightened by a knob to prevent rotation of the seat. Between the ring and the pole, there is a plastic collar about 3 in diameter, about 3 inches in height, and about 1/8 in thick. This collar goes between the tightening ring and the pole. It is now broken. Does this mean a whole new seat or can GW replace the collar?

fishahead

Reaction score
My Grady Dealer was able to order them for me. They were not cheap. I bought a couple extras since I figured I would need them again in the future. I think I still have them in the basement with a bunch of other 1997 208 items like new front, back and side curtains along with the front cushion that goes over space in front of the head and the bow cushions which I never used. My boat burned up in 2007 due to fireworks igniting the cockpit cover and burning her to the water line. I will catalog the stuff I have and put in on the site soon.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
I had the same problem, they were in stock at Boat Owners Warehouse in Riviera Beach, FL for $9. Google and a phone can probably get them shipped.

uncljohn

Reaction score
oddly I noticed the same thing this past weekend about my chair. Found the pastic sleeve had slid down the pedestal. Will have to fix that.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
If the chairs are Todd brand, go to their web site. Slider parts (including the bushings) are about all they will sell retail ... :wink:

grady23

Reaction score
I got mine from Beacon Light marina just North of Batimore. If you call them and give them a Credit Card #, they will mail them to you!

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Seat Bushing

uncljohn said:
oddly I noticed the same thing this past weekend about my chair. Found the pastic sleeve had slid down the pedestal. Will have to fix that.

That's exactly what I noticed- and a wobbly seat.

ghcpa9

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It must be contagious, I was doing the same thing this weekend. Unless of course this thing breaks regularly!

For me I noticed it was the long rectangular slider thing that fits between the pole assembly and chair bracket. It's what prevents the chair from wobbling which mine is doing now. Can someone please tell me what is the actual part name? I looked on west marine website under chair accessories, slider etc. and no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
ghcpa9 said:
It must be contagious, I was doing the same thing this weekend. Unless of course this thing breaks regularly!

For me I noticed it was the long rectangular slider thing that fits between the pole assembly and chair bracket. It's what prevents the chair from wobbling which mine is doing now. Can someone please tell me what is the actual part name? I looked on west marine website under chair accessories, slider etc. and no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The part is called a bushing. It is under seating / accessories.
At West Marine, it is called a "Nylon Spider Bushing". And for once their price on this item is reasonable. You can also go to Todd's website. Or just google "marine seating".

It is at boatownerswarehouse.com for $2 less than West Marine, and shipping is a few bucks cheaper - of course pick up a spare for the other seat.

ghcpa9

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi Hotjax, the piece that I am missing is not that round piece (bushing) but a rectangular track like piece.

Googled it, still can't find.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
ghcpa9 said:
Hi Hotjax, the piece that I am missing is not that round piece (bushing) but a rectangular track like piece.

Googled it, still can't find.

Call West, ask for product information people. They can straighten you right out. Keep in mind they are 3 hours off the east coast. Wait - California is off anyway.

PS - You got my boat.