Carrabelle 8/11

mullet

Reaction score
Left C-quarters at 6:30 and robbed a few bait traps(thanks Harris). The plan was to 2 boat with Newells crew in an area we had fished last weekend. They were a little later than us getting on the water so we headed on to the area. WE never saw them all day. Later Harris told me they stopped short as the ladies on board weren't enjoying the bumpy ride. Well the area from last weekend produced some big red grouper(surprise) and a few snapper. The bit slowed so we decided to go look around in another area we never fish. After a short run we slow down to "lookin" speed and start watchin the bottom machine. We cross a 1/2 dozen promising looking areas we put out the drift sock. The action is so-so and seems to come in waves. Either noone is catching, or everyone is. Since we're drifting, everytime the group get hooked up I mark the spot. We ended the day with a limit of red grouper and snapper, most of the snapper were really good quality, add to that a near limit of gags and it filled the box and coolers pretty well.

The last 3 trips have all resulted in great catches on new spots for me. It's hard to beat that!!

Photo0091.jpg

Photo0111.jpg