carry on air conditioner

captjack45

Reaction score
I just bought a 1984 25 sailfish, the hatch foreward is odd shaped, will a carry on fit that hatch? Thanks for any help.

shadow379

Reaction score
Good question, I've been thinking about getting one myself. I feel sure I could make it work, but it would be nice to see how other members have set one up...Thanks in advance..

Jaeger Grady

Reaction score
I have one also and tried putting port to starboard, it worked OK but the hatch had to be wide open. I'm going to build something to place on the deck infront of the cabin, this way it will have a platform to sit on and the hatch will be as low as possible. I also went to the hardware store and bought foam insulation that I stuff around it which helps.

shadow379

Reaction score
Just curious if you could post a picture, I was thinking I could just put it on a cooler or something also in front of the hatch. Thanks for they reply, I will go ahead and get one anyway now.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Went on a trip last Spring and borrowed one. The wife helped me carry it around to the front of the boat. That's all it took to convince her that a perminate unit was the way to go. You have to remove the hatch stay and it fits fine. Be sure to have it leveled correctly or it'll drip on you.