Caulking the floor

hangman1176

Reaction score
Need to reseal the floor. What is the brand/color that i should use to match exisiting caulk lines. '97, 22-8.

Thanks.

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Use GE II Almond.
The new caulking tool (kind of like a silicone putty knife) works well. It really makes a smooth finish. Watch how much you put into the joint. After sqeezing some into the gap you can use denatured alcohol in a spray bottle to keep it from sticking to things you don't want it to.

freddy063

Reaction score
use that blue painter tape and a finger works for me, spray your finger with a window cleaner before you smooth it.

Sailfish25

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Caulk

Don't over use the caulk. If you ever have to pull the floor panel up again you don't want the crack solid caulk. Use just enough to create a seal.

wanderer200

Reaction score
Another tip: You can lay some heavy mono (40-80lb) in the groove before you seal it. Remember what corner you have the end at and if you have to take it up, you just have to dig out the end and pull. It will slice the caulk.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mono trick

Wow what a great idea to use the mono! Next time I will use the 80 pound mono I have a ton of, thanks.

ahill

Reaction score
I resealed my small acces hatch in my Sailfish and forgot about the mono. Next time. Used GE almond, blue tape and wet my finger with water & dishwasher soap. Couldn't tell the repair from the original.