Cell signal booster?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
don't know if its going to get you much. Here we lose all signal at 7 to 10 miles east of the beach.
Its a lot of money for a few extra miles....

best thing about fishing is not answering phones or staring at Facebook.
I have InReach Sat text for telling the wife I'm staying out overnight...or I'm not staying out, decided to head in.... that works 100 miles out.
get an InReach and the cheapest plan (Freedom). You can suspend when your season is over.

Reactions: A&J Outdoors

A&J Outdoors

Reaction score
Website
www.outdoorslivecrew.com
Model
Sailfish
Thank you, I was just researching this question on THT and they indicate the same, I'll look into the InReach.
don't know if its going to get you much. Here we lose all signal at 7 to 10 miles east of the beach.
Its a lot of money for a few extra miles....

best thing about fishing is not answering phones or staring at Facebook.
I have InReach Sat text for telling the wife I'm staying out overnight...or I'm not staying out, decided to head in.... that works 100 miles out.
get an InReach and the cheapest plan (Freedom). You can suspend when your season is over.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
If you have a Garmin mfd with wifi you can operate the InReach Mini from the touchscreen. So typing and reading is easier
You might get an InReach SE+ cheaper but it won't connect with your big display. It will operate over bluetooth to your cellphone though.

I have an SE+ because it was cheap but I would go with the Mini if I had to do it again...

Reactions: A&J Outdoors

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Fortunately in my area there's perfect cell phone reception in just about any area while you're out fishing, although my buddy did buy an InReach for when he went up to Nootka Sound in BC as they don't have any service out there, eh.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Never used one on the boat. Not sure what it would buy you if you are going offshore as I doubt there is any significant signal strength.

seasick

Reaction score
Never used one on the boat. Not sure what it would buy you if you are going offshore as I doubt there is any significant signal strength.
Since there are limits to the transit power and receive sensitivity one would have to potentially boost both the user device and the cell tower signal strength.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The latter is likely not happening!!