Cellular Boosters

TunaT

Reaction score
Anyone have anyone positives or negatives experiences they can fill me on in relation to the cellular boosters out there. Normal cell phones are good til about 7-8 miles off shore and for some added safety I was looking at adding the cellular booster with 8' ant. They give the stats saying the boost will get you 30+ miles extra....I figure if your lucky maybe 1/2 that. Looking for any insight or experiences on this product. I hate to make an investment in this product with no return...thx for your help...

If its too good to be true it usually is

islandfly

Reaction score
Communications

We have had several charter captains that have tried those cellular boosters with no positive results. We go offshore about 50-70 miles into the gulf, what works best for us is Iridium Satellite Phone (Satellite Communications). Currently there are two providers Iridium and Globalstar. Globalstar has had some coverage issues, they don't have alot of satellites up and running so be careful with them.

Nothing bad to say about Iridium other than it's expensive. Hope this helps.

Capt. Rolando A. Reyes
"Someday Came Offshore Fishing Charters"
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A buddy of mine steams out of Marco Island, says it works. I don't know if it can make that distance you state, but much improved over not having one.

Find a deal where you can return it if not satisfied (in meeting stated claim on distance!).