CG Documentation numbers question

izzy

Reaction score
Looking for what others have done regarding the CG documentation numbers, as you guys know these numbers are required to be placed somewhere permenatly inside the boat on the hull in 3" size and mounted in such a way that if they were to be removed it would leave permanent scarring.

What have you done to your boat to meet these requirments?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I used vinyl numbers and put them on the inside hull - On my Sailfish under the stern seat where the batteries are stores you can get to the inside of the outside hull - once applied I put a couple of coats of resin over the vinyl letters and they are permanent - I have never been asked by CG during boardings to see them. The only thing they want to see in my experience has been Documentation paperwork.

georgemjr

Reaction score
carved into wood, 3m 5200 to a stringer inside of cabin. It seems "permanent" is relative and the CG aren't sticklers for this exact rule, as it is vague and up to each owner. I wouldn't over engineer it the easier the better.

gw204

Reaction score
I routed my numbers into a piece of wood using a Dremel, spray painted the wood white, brush painted the numbers black and screwed the thing to the inside of the transom.

izzy

Reaction score
Thanks guys

i have access to a machine shop so I am going to make the plate out of aluminum and epoxy to the hull

Much appreciated