Changed Impeller - Fisher Panda 4200 generator

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Changed the impeller today in our Fisher Panda Generator on our 2006 Grady Express. What a hell of a job. Could they make this any harder with the location of the impeller and tiny space and small metric screws. We lost a few trying to get them back on. anyhow, A 7-12 inch extender and 9/16 wrench is a must. Just wish they would have put the impeller in the front of the generator.

Anyone have any suggestions on how we can make this job easier. We think we can now get it done in 2 hours or less.

Is a valve adjustment easier to do? We probably need to do that next.

gulfcart

Reaction score
Its a bitch.. Poorest engineeing Ive seen. I was told one mechanic removes the whole pump to do it.. Haven't tried that. I always tie braided line on the wing nuts so when I loose them I can pull them up. Dont know how you can change the seal. Anyway..I solved..bought the 36.. :wink:

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Did mine recently and not easy! I actually think a regular nut is easier than a wing nut. I used a 2mm hex wrench to stick into the end and hold the stud. Hold the stud from the end and remove the nut/lock washer (mine had regular nuts not wing nuts) with 10 mm open end wrench and slide the nut/washer onto the allen wrench. Remove the hex wrench and leave the stud being careful to keep the nut/washer captured on the hex wrench. I had to bend mine to fit the lower aft stud and still keep the nut captured. To replace, first put the 2mm wrench into the end of the stud and then slide the nut/washer onto the wrench from the top end. Use one finger to start the nut on the stud and tighten with a box end. I think that would be easier than removing the generator or pump assembly, still plan on several hours.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
timing is everything. FP just changed the location of the pump. it's now directly on the end of the shaft so it is easily accessible.

i'm doing mine shortly. ron