Changing out my props this year

freddy063

Reaction score
I have a 1994 sailfish 272, with twin 200 Yamaha's, I switch from 3 to 4 blade a few years back but didn't get the right size and pitch, it gets up and goes but WOT is only about 4000. I was just wondering what everyone else with this same boat same motors have for props 4 blade , size and pitch?

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi Freddy,

I have a '95 272, but have 225s with 3-blade props. My WOT RPMs are about 5000. Will be interested to hear what others with 4-blade props are getting.

@fellinger , how about you?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Please add the RPM range for your engines, the model and the pitch/size props you currently are running. Ideally you want to get your MAX RPM at WOT to be at the upper range of your RPM range.

4,000 RPM is way, WAY overpropped. That is NOT good for your engine. That's so far overpropped it makes me wonder if there either isn't an issue with the engines/engine mounting or even if you're simply not trimming the boat properly. If you can address some of those thoughts, that would help.

Generally speaking, a proper 3-blade would be somewhere around 17. A 4-blade will usually be within an inch of that.