Charleston SC Trip

shadow379

Reaction score
I recently took my 1980 Grady 240 Offshore from Ocean Isle, NC down to Charleston for a few days. We took the ditch the whole way only burning 69 gallons of fuel for the trip down. We did however burn 84 gallons while in Charleston enjoying the sights. The weather was so great we just took advantage of the transient dockage at the Harborage at Ashley marina by staying on the boat. On the transit home we did stop at Georgetown,SC for a quick sight seeing trip. Just thought I would share a picture or our great weekend.

Attachments

• CHARLESTON 2.jpg
    CHARLESTON 2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 2,203

ENichols56

Reaction score
Excuse me wrong name. i meant shadow. just stumbled across your post. thanks for sharing info on your trip. i keep my '84 228 seafarer in beaufort, nc and have been thinking about a trip down the ditch. how many miles from ocean isle, nc to charleston, sc? Did you do it all in one day, or spend a night along the way. Also, thinking about a trip north, probably up to ocracoke. Would be interested in any resources you used that have information on marinas/facilities along the way. Thanks!

shadow379

Reaction score
Sorry, just saw your post, If you need any info about running from Wilmington or so to Charleston SC let me know. It was a great time and will go again soon, restaurant week is a great time to go. The food was amazing.

Mike