CHART UPGRADE ???

ttles714

Reaction score
East coast>> New Jersey .. Long Island, NY,,, Hudson River >>>>I want to purchase a new chart for my Raymarine e and es Multi Function display... I currently have a lighthouse chart card. .. SO !!!! suggestions ???? C-Map??? Navionics??? Anything Else ???

Sardinia306Bimini

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
The one compatible with your Raymarine devices.

I consider Garmin/Navionics a thad better than C-Map but that's personal preference and depends probably on the area of boating. At least the C-Map App for cell phone has more detailed relief shading even if here in Sardinia not always correct on abyssal depths I mostly fish.

Chris

seasick

Reaction score
One thing to be aware of is that if your plotter is several years old, it may run slow with a new map card. I have had this issue with Navionics maps and Lowrance plotters, specifically early HDS models.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Garmin Navionics Vision for me in my particular area, which is around the Puget Sound. I really like the Relief Shading, Side Scan as well as the FishEye 3D options that come with the "Vision" version of their charts.

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Garmin Avionics Vision for me in my particular area, which is around the Puget Sound. I really like the Relief Shading, Side Scan as well as the FishEye 3D options that come with the "Vision" version of their charts.
Look - the guy said he has a Raymarine device. The Garmin Navionics charts won't work.

ttles - You need to get charts that Raymarine supports. Garmin bought Navionics but they are still available for your units.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Look - the guy said he has a Raymarine device. The Garmin Navionics charts won't work.

ttles - You need to get charts that Raymarine supports. Garmin bought Navionics but they are still available for your units.
A. Navionics is now "A Garmin Brand", as is so evidenced by those exact words said underneath the Navionics title on the Navionics website. Also, "Raymarine’s Axiom and Element-series displays are compatible with Navionics electronic charts." I wasn't suggesting that the OP go to the Garmin website and get the Garmin specific Navionics, more along the lines of getting whatever Navionics+ card that is compatible with his unit. But you knew that already...

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
A. Navionics is now "A Garmin Brand", as is so evidenced by those exact words said underneath the Navionics title on the Navionics website. Also, "Raymarine’s Axiom and Element-series displays are compatible with Navionics electronic charts." I wasn't suggesting that the OP go to the Garmin website and get the Garmin specific Navionics, more along the lines of getting whatever Navionics+ card that is compatible with his unit. But you knew that already...

Yes. He need to buy the Navionics charts from the correct vendor. They MUST be for the Raymarine unit. But you knew that already... If you expect to help anyboty you need to be clear.

Last edited:

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yes. He need to buy the Navionics charts from the correct vendor. They MUST be for the Raymarine unit.
I never said to buy direct from Garmin haha... just that I have a Garmin unit with Navionics on it and that I recommended the Navionics brand. Which is also available to those that run a Raymarine unit, as the OP mentioned in his first post and something that should've been extremely obvious and unassuming based on my above comment... If you expect to help anybody you need to be less assuming.

Last edited:

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
I buy my updates from NAvionics website. Shipped home and installed in a blink. The website does check what device u have and it would??? Alert if the equipment is too old. The Raymarine Lighthouse one I never used but it seemed very rudimentary.
When you have a NAvionics chart there are updates issued frequently and while it is a subscription you get those during the one year subscription. If you don't renew it then you don't get anymore updates but you can at a later date still update. That's my experience.

Garmin owns NAvionics but they have charts for all makes of MFDs.

H