Chase with 250 four strokes

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Are twin yamaha 250 four strokes from around 2005 (guessing, will get more info tomorrow) too much weight for a chase? its a 263, but it does have the extended running surface. i know a lot of the Chase's sit stern low with the deck drain thru-hulls at or below water level. Do you think this combo would sit with them under water?

Also, are the batteries all the way against the transom? could moving them up to the console alleviate any heavy stern issues?

thanks!!

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Likely the same hull as the 270. Mine is rated for 500 HP with that vintage f250, but I have a lot more weight forward. If you have the full running surface, that hull was probably designed for f225's which were similar in weight to the 250's. I can only guess it isn't an issue.
On another note, that thing must fly! You should be able to hit mid-high 50's.

Fishtales

Reaction score
You are on the edge but should be doable. I like the idea of trying to shift some weight forward. Can always put them on the transom, see how she runs and sits and then if needed make adjustments.
If scuppers are low, look into thru holes with balls to mitigate 2 way flow. I like the idea of cutting the hose and putting a check valve in the line as well as installing new flaps inside the factory thru hulls.

Capt Jim

Reaction score
Model
Chase
We have the 2006 273 with the 250s and have no issues. We have three batteries, located under the console. I like having the extra power and have no issues with the thru hulls.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
thanks guys, i appreciate the info

brdawg2001

Reaction score
I have a 2002 with zuke 250s and the boat came with F225. 2002 was the first year of the 4stroke so I am guessing they may have added floatation to handle the weight..I have zero issues.

Grouper Duper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ours is a 2001 that came with 200 HPDIs. Last hear we switched to 2008 F250s and it’s awesome. Yes, the stern sits a little lower and we’re considering moving the two start batteries to the console (where we already have a house battery). I don’t really mind that the scuppers sit a little lower, but it does affect the trim. The extra power, lower noise and smoothness (all very noticeable) make it totally worth it. Gas mileage has been nearly the same.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Ours is a 2001 that came with 200 HPDIs. Last hear we switched to 2008 F250s and it’s awesome. Yes, the stern sits a little lower and we’re considering moving the two start batteries to the console (where we already have a house battery). I don’t really mind that the scuppers sit a little lower, but it does affect the trim. The extra power, lower noise and smoothness (all very noticeable) make it totally worth it. Gas mileage has been nearly the same.
thanks for the info. what performance numbers are you getting?