Chesapeake 290 in Norfolk - anyone know her?

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Anyone know this boat? Got a buddy who’s looking to move away from his inboard cruiser and of course I’m pushing him towards a Grady. From the listing it seems like a pretty solid deal. Engine hours are a little low and electronics are somewhat sparse and likely original but she looks clean and the price seems reasonable, maybe even low considering how the market has been. Realize the model may not be as well-known or as popular as some others but its supposedly been on the market for about 8 months and that does surprise me, makes me wonder if there’s something I’m not seeing. Thanks.

RobboNJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Don't know amything about this boat, other than it looks very nice! Also looks a bit overpriced. I bought a 2008 282 Sailfish in April 2022, with Yamaha 250s with 650 hours and well equipped electronics, for $85K. For one year newer and one more foot of length, not sure its worth the extra $40K. But a great boat at at the right price. With the current macroeconomic situation, this boat should sell for under $100K (apologies to the seller).

Reactions: Fowl Hooked

SeaVee

Reaction score
I’ll be going by the dealership sometime next week, I’ll take a peak. Always wanted to see one in person. I know the dealership was bought recently by One Water , But they have had an excellent reputation for years around here. I’ll report back in a few days

SeaVee

Reaction score
I did not see the boat in their lot when I drove by yesterday

Reactions: PT G

Fishtales

Reaction score
Don’t know but had one. Very nice hull.