Christmas boat ride

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What a difference a week makes. Saturday afternoon the temps in our area broke 60 degrees and there was little wind. Even tho' it was overcast, I couldn't resist dropping boat in the water and taking a ride. We were out about 2 hours and toward the end, it got pretty chilly but closing the rear enclosure took care of that. Saw four or five other boats out in the bay, all center consoles with no canvas, and their occupants looked pretty chilled. Not my idea of fun.

Gary 89 Overnighter

KingJ

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
That sounds like some good time spent on the water! We are relatively lucky out here weather-wise, and are able to enjoy spectacular Christmas light boat-parades every year---for us in Long Beach and Newport Harbor. The water-front/ canal home owners really go to town with their Christmas lights and decorations. Decking out homes with pre-planned configurations, or other designed Christmas lights and holiday decorations has turned into a pretty big industry out here----it seems. We appreciate the sights.

Happy New Year!

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I also enjoy Christmastime rides on the water.

After I trailer 1350 miles to Marathon....

midnight-rider

Reaction score
I also

I was going to take her up from MArshall Hall Boat Ramp on the Potomac River to D.C. and see sights.