Circa 2006 GW Gulfstream Optional Helm Electronics Box Cap Query

julesar

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Anybody out here in the Great Grady world have or know where to obtain the optional helm electronics cap for a 2006-2012ish Gulfstream? It basically sits on top and screws onto the top of the existing electronics box to increase the room available for flush mounted electronics. I have called all my local dealers....nobody has one. I called GW directly and they said they discontinued the mould and have none remaining in their NOS inventory. Why they would discontinue such a useful item is baffling....but hey, they did.

Anyway...thought I would try here.

Thanks.

Fishtales

Reaction score
GW built those custom. You could shoot them a note via their web CS link and see if they can make. I doubt it unfortunately. I suspect they will say the mold is long gone.
Two other options assuming you have the original:
Put a piece of starboard or like material on the face and install new electronics in (I think this is the easiest and most cost effective. You may get someone here to do it if you want a nice look.
Go to a local glass guy with your existing piece and have them address. They will make it look like factory. More costly though.

Remember, you will be cutting a majority of it, another reason I like option1. You'll or somebody will be doing this down the road in the future I'd assume.

julesar

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Thanks Fishtales......I had already contacted GW directly and they said exactly as you suspect. Mold is gone.

I have since flush mounted my electronics on a piece of black acrylic on the original electronics box. Looks nice but limits the size of the display you can mount. I asked the question about the optional box here on this forum to see if anybody knew of an aftermarket item that was similar. That optional item was much higher and allowed for a 12" display to be flush mounted very easily.

No matter, what I have looks great.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.