Clamp On rod holders

Ted R

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I am interested in finding a very well built rod holder that I can clamp on my 2" hard top rail support. Any suggestions? It must be adjustable so that I can run the rod parallel to the water or slightly up.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Ted R said:
I am interested in finding a very well built rod holder that I can clamp on my 2" hard top rail support. Any suggestions? It must be adjustable so that I can run the rod parallel to the water or slightly up.

Very well built = Lee clamp on rod holders. We have three on each side of the hardtop framing. You can see them in the signature photo below.

However, "adjustable" is a different story if you mean changing the position from time to time, or even regularly. The Lee rod holders, and other quality units, don't adjust.

My experience with movable holders has not been favorable.

Brian

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have two that I got a few years ago for my Sailfish that are adjustable, don't need them anymore since I upgraded to a Marlin. They are damn near new. Send me your email address and I can send you a picture of them, I will be happy to sell them to you cheap.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I put 4 of these on and they are excellent so far. Have re-adjusted several times to get them just right and think I have the dialed in now. Adjustment is easy and they seem to hold up fine.
http://www.tackletogo.com/6511490.html

Not sure about the 2" measurement though. Not sure what model boat you have, but I think mine was near 1 1/2" and they worked out well.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I second ONCSLR with the Lee's Tackle clamp on rod holders. Have a pair on my hardtop legs and they work great and look great.

They offer a holder at a 45 degree angle that may work for you. While the angle is fixed, I'm not sure I would want something much closer to parallel. I'd be scared of losing a rod.