Classic Grady

Tabman

Reaction score
I noticed this old Grady White Atlantic Weekender the other day when I was looking at another boat in a yard near my house, as near as I could tell it's a 1973 model. I thought you might get a kick out of the pictures.

Tom

ogw4.jpg

ogw1.jpg

ogw3.jpg

ogw5.jpg

1973GW.jpg

antaris

Reaction score
Funny how you get the "woodplank" surface on the hull of these old models - resembling the typology of the old (and reliable?) wooden boat!

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
richie rich said:
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
Bring her over, i'll make her new again. :mrgreen:

So when are you quitting your day job and opening a boat yard on LI :D

Believe it or not as a kid, instead of wanted to be a pilot or race car driver or stuff like that, i wanted to built boats. I did practice as a kid and built a skiff using old wood planks from an old floor and wood dowels instead of nails or "epoxy", had to put rope between the planks that was soaked in pigs fat to seal the joins. I was ten years old. After two years, i was working only summer time on it, i finished the skiff and it was time to launch it. It sunk..............., then grandpa took over with his magic hands and in no time she was floating. I don't think i'll quit my day job, i don't like hunger :mrgreen:

richie rich

Reaction score
richie rich said:
Bring her over, i'll make her new again. :mrgreen:

So when are you quitting your day job and opening a boat yard on LI :D

Believe it or not as a kid, instead of wanted to be a pilot or race car driver or stuff like that, i wanted to built boats. I did practice as a kid and built a skiff using old wood planks from an old floor and wood dowels instead of nails or "epoxy", had to put rope between the planks that was soaked in pigs fat to seal the joins. I was ten years old. After two years, i was working only summer time on it, i finished the skiff and it was time to launch it. It sunk..............., then grandpa took over with his magic hands and in no time she was floating. I don't think i'll quit my day job, i don't like hunger :mrgreen:

..Wow, you were lucky to have the high tech gear as a kid....we used truck tire intertubes and a wooden skid! Try playing and fighting as a pirate on that!!! :lol:

DerekXJ

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im new here, but i would like to bring this old thread back to life to intiate some conversation about my
74' C-Atlantic Weekender.

richie rich

Reaction score
DerekXJ said:
Hey guys, Im new here, but i would like to bring this old thread back to life to intiate some conversation about my
74' C-Atlantic Weekender.

OK..so did you restore her? What do you have for power? Any performance numbers?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
What was the idea of the two openings to the cabin, at least it looks that way.

Maggie's Dad

Reaction score
I believe that is a '73. If memory serves, I think that was the last year that Grady offered the sorely-missed, never to be duplicated, "peach basket" option. :lol:

metallica1

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of doing a complete tear-down and re-build of the same Atlantic Weekender. I was not sure of the year or model until I contacted Grady White here in North Carolina. Customer Relations steered me to the same catalog that you have shown in your photos. If you have any further info on the '73 Weekender I would appreciate if you could pass it on to me.

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looking at those helm chairs in the brochure picture, Im thinking that they should have offered seat belts as an option !