Cleaned the caulking on my deck with Soft Scrub with bleach - worked amazingly well!

ksgoldman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Cleaned the caulking on my deck with Soft Scrub with bleach - worked amazingly well! I put the Soft Scrub in a clear condiment bottle which made it much easier to apply it only to the caulk (and not get it on the fiberglass deck). Let it sit overnight and rinsed it off. Was so pleased with the results.

The portion of my deck circled in red is after I cleaned it (the portion circled in green is before I cleaned it).

It really worked!

Attachments

• soft.jpg
    soft.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 55
  • deck.jpg
    deck.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 61
  • squeeze.jpg
    squeeze.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Ryhlick

JRuss282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I keep a few bottles of that on the boat and use a few times a season as a deep clean, on deck and under gunnel on sides, never on waxed areas. I let sit about an hour or so never thought about overnight might need to give that a try

ksgoldman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Try the condiment bottle - it made all the difference in terms of being able to just get it on the caulk and not on the deck. I was amazed how well it worked.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't love soft scrub on the deck but some swear by it. I use Clorox clean up and you literally can see the mildew disappear before your eyes....

seasick

Reaction score
My original owners manual (2001) states that bleach should not be used on the fiberglass. Bleach can yellow gel coat. Nevertheless I do use Softscrub on my boat for stubborn stains. I do thoroughly rinse with fresh water and don't let it sit for prolonged periods of time.

Softscrub is mildly abrasive and a coat of wax is probably a good idea after deep cleaning.

ksgoldman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Grady White actually came up with this solution several years ago (I'm the Service Manager for a large Grady White dealership). I didn't come up with this solution - just tried it on my own boat and found that it worked great!

Reactions: mjm1957

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I squirt that shit right on the deck. Scrub it with a firm deck brush. :p

8tEZosPl.jpg

Reactions: Walleyze