Cleaning Eisenglass

REELNUTTZ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hey guys n' gals, I have a GW 272 and I've had the Curtains stored in the garage over the summer (Gee's, summer about gone already). Anyways the Clear Plastic (eisen glass) is no longer clear and feels sticky (waxy). Someone suggested I try using Denatured Alcohol to clean them. Does anyone knows if this really works? If not what are the alternatives?

I'd appreciate some help, It's starting to feel a little cool at nights without the curtains to block the night air.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
my book actually says denatured alcohol. however, i have never done it. i use plexus religiously, but i don't think it will bring back the clarity. ron

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Leave each piece seperately it in the hot sun all day.

I had a cloud from being wet in storage that came out in sun, but not with cleaner.

How the heck sun works when cleaners don't, I'll never understand.
But I believe in magic so it's all the same to me!

REELNUTTZ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Plexus and Denatured alcohol

To the "GreatGrady Captains" BobP and ElyseM: Thanks for the support :) First I used the denatured alcohol (removed stains caused by the aluminum supports) then I used Plexus to clean and shine. I too shall use Plexus religiously. As for the "magic" well, I like to think the "Sun" can do MIRACLES :p

sluggoe

Reaction score
use Meguiars Plast-X....it is a cleaner and polisher and i use it on my eisen and it works great.

it is also relatively cheap and can be bought at Wal-Mart.

you have to apply it every month or so to get the crud off.

--slug.