Cleaning out strainer for AC intake pump?

stripedo

Reaction score
My A/C unit is displaying an HPF error which is normally caused by no intake water. There is no discharge coming out the side. i disconnected the outlet hose on the pump and water just dribbles out. how can I clean out the strainer? I can barely reach it down in the generator compartment. Any tricks?

rsgandy

Reaction score
my strainer sits in a bracket. tilt bottom of strainer toward you and see if that releases it.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have long enough arms to reach it on my 330, but it is a stretch. Not sure what boat you have, but you may have to take up the deck or get a long-armed friend to open the strainer. Put silicone on the threads when you go back so it'll be easier next time. Mine gets a lot of grass in the gulf here recently.

ahill

Reaction score
Mine's under the cabin sole in my Sailfish.
Awkward to get to as hoses run across it.
I silicone the threads but I've found putting a koozie on the housing makes loosening it easier.

Dot-E-3

Reaction score
If you recently had the boat hauled out of the water and you didn't close the seacock before the haul out, you may have a air lock between the seacock and the A/C pump. Try running the A/C unit while running the boat forward to force water through the intake.