Cleaning Question

johnnyboy

Reaction score
Like i stated earlier just picked up my 99 sailfish and very excited!

Some cleaning questions:

In the bathroom, on the wall material, I have a little mildew built up, what have you guys done to clean this safely?

General fiberglass wiping down, I always loved simple green on my old boat, what do you guys use?

The actually piping around the enclosure, how do you guys polish that and with what?

The actual boat itself, washdown, what do you guys use?

What leather cleaner to use for all the leather on the exterior and also do you guys unsnap your leather while not in use or leave it on in the season.

Just some questions i'd love to hear your opinions on.
Thanks again!! :praise

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
What leather cleaner to use for all the leather on the exterior and also do you guys unsnap your leather while not in use or leave the seasonit on in.

What's made of leather ... :huh

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Bathroom in the house..... head on the boat... :welcome

Congrats on the new boat.

Brian

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
For mildew, use a spray bottle with a mix of fresh water and white vinegar. 10:1 is what i heard is good choice, if heavy mildew 5:1 is also very good.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Mildew -I use a weak mixture of water and bleach in spray bottle - Not sure what color you fabric is but 1/10 bleach to water has never caused me color issues - sunshine helps too

Metal - I use flitz

If the decks are really grungy I will use an electric dishwasher powder with bleach like cascade - this stuff really cleans the deck to like new

The vinyl - I just use a mild soap and water or one of those marine spray cleaners available at any boating store

G8R_DVM

Reaction score
I always remove the vinyl cushions when not in use and toss em in the cabin, the lids and hatch covers they snap to will soften over time if the cushions sit on them wet. I always leave the fridge and head open with plenty of damp rids in the cabin (may be a Florida thing). If you dry everything in and out every time you use it you won't need anything other than boat soap, get a few chamois' and use them. I also put aluma-guard on the hard top and bow rail. If all else fails with the mildew dilute bleach in a spray bottle works well for me, I don't do it when the boats in the water though.