Close to 30 years old and still going

nauditq

Reaction score
When my wife saw it three years ago when I bought it she responded, Dam thats a ugly boat :oops: But with a little elbow grease and some bucks, its getting there. The surveyer said, its a tank :shock:
!978 254 Kingfish
Volvo 350 DP
GradyinWater004.jpg
[/img]

88OFFSHORE

Reaction score
WOWOW!!!!
i would really like to see more pics,side view cockpit and ect...
Great looking...

Hokie

Reaction score
great pics, put more up as well as inside pics
she looks great, i would love to as many pics as you can post
thanks

nauditq

Reaction score
Ok, so its now older than 30years. Added a few rod holders, larger Radome and teak step pads and railing around the pulpit. But she is still running strong and I fish her hard.
grady%20still%20in%201-1-10%20005.jpg

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Outstanding!

nauditq, your baby looks great! Your 254 Kingfish is no doubt the mother of my 254 Sailfish. Your right she is an offshore tank. Solid as a rock! My wife said the same thing when I brought JUMPNJACK home! Outstanding job to you for bringing her back to shape and keeping her performing!I know that you have a first class fishing machine there! 8)

Barbender

Reaction score
She is a beauty for sure. What upgrades etc have you done to her? Would love to see pics of her cabin and helm...if that is not to personal.

nauditq

Reaction score
Thanks guys, as far as upgrades, I added the swim platform, bolsters,pulpit, windlass freshwater washdown pump, redid the inclosure, and general stuff.
Yep, It's good ol Breezy Point Marina in Md. I am right beside the DNR slip, stop by if you see me there.
As far as deck and water problems, The deck was replaced before I bought the boat. New tank and 3/4 inch ply was laid. No hatch , two sheets. I had the deck cut out at the fuel hose area, in order to replace the fuel fill hoses. I did notice that the deck was supported by 2x PT at the top of stringers when done. The surveyer went thru the main stringers, bulkheads and framing with a Moisture Meter and hammer, tapping like a woodpecker thruout. Results were, solid as a rock and built like a tank? Not sure, but, do have a bad riser at the cockpit hatches. The two screws on each side of the step, needed to be rebedded. Gonna tackle the Monkey fur in the cabin soon, replacing with new olifen carpet, then will post a few pics.