Closing Opening Under Windshield on a Freedom 225

Graybeard

Reaction score
A lot of the duel console boats I looked at had doors to block the wind from blowing through the opening between the deck and the bottom of the windshield. My F225 came with the optional bow cover and that serves the puropse. But I was wondering if there's another way to close off this area without using the bow cover or adding my own door.....which would kill me because it would involve drilling holes in my new boat. Not to mention I'm not the best craftsman in the world. Or is it not a problem worth trying to address?? Thanks

wlewis

Reaction score
Mine came with a canvas filler cover that snaps in place to fill that opening below the windshield. I assumed it was standard equipment, but don't it listed in the Grady catalog.

Graybeard

Reaction score
I was wondering about that because there looks like there are some snaps that don't go with any of the canvas I have. But my canvas package for the top and sides is still all rolled up in a canvas bag I haven't opened yet. Maybe there is something in there???

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
The companion way on my 192 had a matching sunbrella piece that snapped into the walkway and it worked very well. I believe it is standard for the boat.

Graybeard

Reaction score
I found it!!! It was in the lockable storage area in front of the helm under a bunch of life jackets that came with the boat. It's a heavy white vinal coated canvas filler piece with GW embossed on it that snaps in place. Thanks guys!!

leek

Reaction score
The canvas works but it would be better to have a starboard piece that hinged away or fit in a slot. The canvas is a pain to deal with.

Graybeard

Reaction score
I found the plastic snap on closure piece for under the windshield, but the 2 lower snaps on the helm side keep coming unsnapped when running over 25 mph. That's annoying on a new boat. I asked the dealer if that is something covered under warranty of if I'm on my own. The optional canvas package came with a warranty disclaimer

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Graybeard, in places my side curtains do the same thing and it is annoying. Granted my boat is now 4 years old, but it seems snaps are not all created equal as it were. Some tend to be sticky and hold well while the next one in line always seems to coming free. I think it is more the snap on the canvas than anything that Grady did or did not do or the dealer. You could see if they would have the two snaps replaced for you.

Graybeard

Reaction score
Tri-State Marine told me to give them a punch list of things I don't like at the 20 hour engine service and they will take care of them under warenty, including the filler piece. They think it has to do with the cold weather and the filler piece shrinking, weak snaps or both.