Cockpit Bolsters

Lsquared

Reaction score
Just talked with Kerry, at Blue Water Canvas. He seemed like a super nice guy and is going out of his way for to get this job. Great customer service so far. going to have the bolsters done by these guys, has anyone used them here?

Family Tradition Fishing

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Just talked with Kerry, at Blue Water Canvas. He seemed like a super nice guy and is going out of his way for to get this job. Great customer service so far. going to have the bolsters done by these guys, has anyone used them here?
Hey L I just noticed you're from the Jacksonville area. I haven't used blue water for any upholstery but I used Mousa on my last boat a 19' skiff and was very pleased. I'd be very curious about your experience with blue water. What Grady do you have? Just looked at your pic and looks like a Marlin or Sailfish.

Lsquared

Reaction score
Hey L I just noticed you're from the Jacksonville area. I haven't used blue water for any upholstery but I used Mousa on my last boat a 19' skiff and was very pleased. I'd be very curious about your experience with blue water. What Grady do you have? Just looked at your pic and looks like a Marlin or Sailfish.
I am actually in Atlanta. I keep the boat(Sailfish 282)in Jax, a bit of a hike but ehh, better than the lake
He seemed real pleasant and helpful and had great reviews. He even had a fix for the armrests. Just curious if anyone here had used their services.

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
Interested in how it comes out....

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
For those with an old boat and low budget...I did this project on my old V20 Steplift. Its not "professional" but its better than nothing..or old ripped crap.
(take a little time and figure out doing the corners better)

I bought vinyl and foam from onlinefabricstore.net...3yds x54" $33 and 2"x24"x59" Eva-Dry foam $33.
Enough vinyl to do the job twice plus some..
Loctite spray adhesive
and Monel staples(West Marine $27 ouch!) (USE MONEL not Stainless steel!!!!)
brass grommets for drainage/airflow. bought at West Marine $19 kit then saw them at Lowes for $8.... MAKE SURE THEY ARE BRASS not brass colored steel.

covering the 3/4" x 5 1/2" PVC fascia board from Lowes/HD.... added 3 mounting bolts before starting the job.

DSCF1016.jpg
DSCF1024.jpg
DSCF1025.jpg
DSCF1027.jpg
DSCF1031.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Meanwhile

Family Tradition Fishing

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Looks great Skunk, not sure I have the skills or patience for that project but I do need to replace my bolster pads and fold down seat upholstery. Food for thought.

Meanwhile

Reaction score
Skunk, do you recall the vinyl product name or number? It looks like they have many types. This is something I'm going to try.

Randy

Lsquared

Reaction score
It wont be until the end of April until the job gets done as he is about 6 weeks out. Here is what the job entails.
Bolster - replace foam and skins 2750
jump seat - foam and skin 850
4 arms for helm chairs 200
he will drive from pompano to Jax(4.5 hours) remove pieces, do the job, drive back and install 500 this part is invaluable to me being so far from the boat it would cost me almost that anyway for the travel.
Ill pick the thread back up then with pics.

Family Tradition Fishing

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
It wont be until the end of April until the job gets done as he is about 6 weeks out. Here is what the job entails.
Bolster - replace foam and skins 2750
jump seat - foam and skin 850
4 arms for helm chairs 200
he will drive from pompano to Jax(4.5 hours) remove pieces, do the job, drive back and install 500 this part is invaluable to me being so far from the boat it would cost me almost that anyway for the travel.
Ill pick the thread back up then with pics.
Thanks for the info L. I'll be following closely for future updates.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Skunk, do you recall the vinyl product name or number? It looks like they have many types. This is something I'm going to try.

Randy
Its been a while, can't remember.
Now that I think about it, I have the leftover in the garage in the package....
It was Floridian White from Onlinefabricstore.net https://www.onlinefabricstore.net/spradling-floridian-white-vinyl-.htm.
I guess the price went up!
You could try marinevinylfabric.com
I got the lightly textured stuff.
If you get the stuff with a channel then you have to think about direction of lines and how its cut.

Reactions: Meanwhile