Cockpit cover for 208 Adventure

Firenailer

Does anyone know if Grady makes a Cockpit Cover for the 208? I don't see one in the online brochure.

I had one made locally for my last 208. It's a much simpler operation than zipping in and buttoning down all of the vinyl windows and drop curtain every time I close up the boat in between uses.

Thanks

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
They offered a cockpit cover as a factory option, but it only comes as far back as the baitwell/storage boxes behind the pedestals. To get a "full" cockpit cover, you are going to have to go custom.

Firenailer

Thanks I'll go back and take another look at their website. I'm happy with that size cover. It's enough to keep the seats and helm clean dry and free of seagull droppings. Those bastards really make a mess!

billyttpd

I think Grady calls it a helm cover for the 208. since your boat is brand new it may be a matter of asking the dealer to get you a helm cover. aftermarket canvas shop may be cheaper and have a better color variety. Grady probably only offers navy or ivory. If you have a hardtop on your boat or plan on adding an aftermarket one later custom canvas may be the answer that way its cut around the supports for the top.

seasick

billyttpd said:
I think Grady calls it a helm cover for the 208. since your boat is brand new it may be a matter of asking the dealer to get you a helm cover. aftermarket canvas shop may be cheaper and have a better color variety. Grady probably only offers navy or ivory. If you have a hardtop on your boat or plan on adding an aftermarket one later custom canvas may be the answer that way its cut around the supports for the top.
As stated, there is a helm cover. On my 208, the factory cover goes over the loops for the rear bimini straps. This means that normally the Bimini has to be folded down to use the helm cover. I installed a second set of loops on the outside of the cockpit walls so that I can keep the Bimini up and still snap on the helm cover. If the boat you never had the helm cover, it may not have the snaps needed on the windshield or cockpit. The snaps do not line up with the snaps used for the curtains.

Firenailer

That's good info, especially about the snaps lining up. On my last 208 I went with a local company and they set it up so that everything lined up the same way. I did have to fold down the Bimini for the same reason.

Even though the snaps slide easily on the windshield it was nice to have everything in the same spot when the weather changes and I go back to the side and rear drop curtains.

I'll check at the dealer, but if that is still the case, I think I'd go back to the local guy.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Not sure what GW charges for the factory cover, but my guess is the local guy making you one out of Sunbrella will be competitive.

Here is what mine looks like....because it was custom made, he was able to use the existing snaps on the windshield (already there for the front and side curtains) and then he added snaps down each side and across the stern. 2 poles were used to give it the proper "pitch" so that water runs off.

14505318811_73b5c669d2_c.jpg