Cockpit dome light

Cadeco

Reaction score
Model
Islander
My dome light stopped working so, I tried to remove the lens and change the bulb (courtesy light ) IMPOSSIBLE !!! I ended up braking the fixture, the lens didn't come of. So I was looking for a replacement and nowhere it can be found. T My solution was to buy a dual color LED 4" dome light on E-bay and split the circuit, now i have the dome light with it's own switch and the spread lights on a separate push button switch. What do you guys think?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Sounds like you did what the factory did.

Cadeco

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hookup1
I had no idea that GW did that, I now have a dome light w/ dual colors LED and the spread light is working on a push button switch installed on the box of the hard top. To tell you the truth, I like this way better.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score

Well you already did the project. Sounds great . When my dome light failed I upgraded to Grady factory LED touch fixture with both cockpit and spreader switch built into the fixture. The cockpit side I can choose red or white LED illumination from a soft glow to bright and I control the spreader lights all by just touching the surface lens in two different spots . It's a Lumitech light built for Grady. I saw a similar fixture at West Marine but it lacks the spreader control and the color choices are white or blue touch operation.