cockpit drains

J-cubed

Reaction score
I own a 1997 Adventure 208. I really have only one major dislike which is the design of the rear cockpit drain holes. They are parallel with the deck with a depression. My boat is docked all summer and these depression hold water and debris. They look nasty in a hurry and need constant cleaning. I really do not see anyway to correct this problem. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the input.

boslaw

Reaction score
I have the same boat and year, and the same problem, but to me it's a pretty minor issue. If you're really bothered by it, when you're finished washing the boat down, just take a rag and you can probably soak up the remaining water and debris stuck in that depression. I find that once I get the boat underway that stuff drains away and only accumulates when the boat is sitting at the slip. Since I'm not on it at those times, it doesn't really bug me.

J-cubed

Reaction score
I need to correct myself. I should have said minor dislike. I don't really have any major dislikes.

boslaw

Reaction score
it is pretty hard to find things not to love about this boat. my only wish is that I could afford a bigger one!