Cockpit Lights

Finsup330

Reaction score
I have a 01 330 express and looking to switch the standard cockpit and deck lights. Can I replace them with led red or blue lights? How would I do so? Thanks

zimm

Reaction score
I just did this today. My cockpit lights are Attwood stern lights that take GE90 bulbs. I just put in warm white leds, same color as original, a little brighter and way less amperage.

http://store.marinebeam.com/bayonet-90- ... nment.html

I also did my anchor light and ordering a replacement for my cabin dome light. I got the wrong festoon bulbs for my perko bow lights (41mm, I think they are 31's).

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander

Finsup330

Reaction score
Thanks for the response!.... Those red LED lights are they easy to install?

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Finsup330 said:
Thanks for the response!.... Those red LED lights are they easy to install?

These are LED bulbs that are a perfect match in size/dimensions to the dual-contact bayonet 1142 style bulb. They fit perfectly in the Attwood 2nm stern light unit that GW used for the cockpit courtesy lights on our boat.

Just remove the two screws, pop off the chrome cover, then the lens and gasket. The light bulb is removed by pushing in and turning, then it can be pulled out. LED replacement goes in easily.

Brian

SilverLining

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking that the 1124 is the same bayonet bulb type as the Attwood #90 as specified by G-W for the 2000 272 Sailfish cockpit lights???
Looks to be the same, if so great suggestion.....

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
SilverLining said:
Am I correct in thinking that the 1124 is the same bayonet bulb type as the Attwood #90 as specified by G-W for the 2000 272 Sailfish cockpit lights???
Looks to be the same, if so great suggestion.....

Yes, the link I posted above is an exact size replacement for the Attwood #90.

Brian

SilverLining

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Brian.....put them on order tonight.......any thoughts about replacing the white and red dome lights(perko) in the overhead cockpit?? Bulbs don't seem to be the problem....seems to be the switch....

Ron

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd like to thank Brian as well.

I went with the blue led lights for the cockpit lights as I tied blue led strips into them last year under the gunnel. This will be a nice add to keep the cockpit all blue.
I also ordered a set of LED navigation lights that he recommended in his link. I think this is better than just installing bulbs.

Finally, I went for a pair of led lights (135 deg and 225 deg) for my mast light from marine beam.com. It isn't the stock one, part of my radar arch.
http://store.marinebeam.com/perko-31mm- ... light.html.

I also have a pair of LED spreader lights to install as well, so I will be busy wiring.

Thanks again Brian for the tip.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
SilverLining said:
Thanks Brian.....put them on order tonight.......any thoughts about replacing the white and red dome lights(perko) in the overhead cockpit?? Bulbs don't seem to be the problem....seems to be the switch....

Ron

We have a custom hardtop and electronics box, so not the OEM dome light in the navigation area. Our has two bulbs - one clear and one with a red lacquer on it. I am going to replace the entire fixture.

Brian

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Fishtales said:
I'd like to thank Brian as well.

I went with the blue led lights for the cockpit lights as I tied blue led strips into them last year under the gunnel. This will be a nice add to keep the cockpit all blue.
I also ordered a set of LED navigation lights that he recommended in his link. I think this is better than just installing bulbs.

Very happy to have been of assistance.

I am installing a Lewmar Profish on a neighbor's boat (Parker) and had to replace his little, 1nm combined bow light to make room for the anchor roller. Installed the 2nm Attwood lights and he is amazed at the difference in visibility. Also changing his all-around to a new LED unit on a 12" pole.

I don't know why GW doesn't go to those great Attwood lights for all models.

Brian