Cockpit Shower

kendcc

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I thought i'd ask for some opinions...

My cockpit shower (2005 226) works just fine except the hose is black and stiff. This makes it difficult to pull out gunwale to use and has even caused the handle/nozzle to pull from the hose.

The other week, I was rafted with a 33 Express and i noticed their shower head is on a metal link hose of some kind. When they used it seemed very fexible and easy to pull out and put back.

Can these be easily replaced? I guess my question is more along the lines of finding the right hose/handle. I'm really not concerned about how to actually replace it...I'ved checked it out and it seems straight forward. I'm really wondering what my options are and if anyone has replaced theirs.

West Marine's options seem limited and naturally I want to be sure any new hose fits my application. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!!!

catch22

Reaction score
I would talk with a Grady dealer. I don't see why you couldn't use the same one the express has. If the dealer has one and you can find out who the manufacturer is, you could probably find it elsewhere for much less $ too.

You could also try taking just the hand held end to a Lowes or Home depot and see if you can find the type of hose you want.

Probably a different set up from what you have, but I replaced the hand held spray head and the hose with an inexpensive white vinyl model, on a Gulfstream... worked fine. I don't know if the metal coiled types that are used in your home shower would stand up to the salt water environment, that's why I went with the white vinyl type.