Cockpit vent window arms

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A passenger on my boat broke the black plastic vent window arm on the port side in the cockpit. I tried the Taylor Made brand replacement arms from West Marine but the bracket is too narrow and the arm rubs the rubber gasket. I searched the archives and found reference to Marine Glass Specialties in FL but the last entry was about 17 months ago and none of the people requesting items from them indicated that they got what they asked for. I sent MGS an email but don't expect an answer for a few days.

Is my only or best option a Grady dealer?

Thanks,
Gary 89 Overnighter

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just do a search on ebay for grady whtie weekly, I ordered some myself, I have kids and I know eventually someone will break one.

I am trying to stockpile as many breakable parts for mine as I can find. One thing I cannot find is the hinges for the fish boxes.

Was going to start a thread but I have a guy at a dealer who does slavage on damaged boats and he told me he has about 4 gradys in the yard and he may be able to grab one for me. for now I have the starbord side fish box missing one hinge.

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I used to gather spare parts for my stuff but rarely needed what I had acquired and usually needed something I didn't have. I also was prone to not remembering what I had and buying duplicates. Now I just buy what I need when I need it or plan to replace it.

I received a reply from Marine Glass Specialties - it's below.

They are $48.00 per set.

I realize it's Monday morning but I thought it was a pretty curt reply.

Gary 89 Overnighter

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link to Crockers. They're a lot less expensive than what I ordered. I saved the link and will check them first for future needs.

Gary 89 Overnighter

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I grabbed a pair from Crockers. Have not had time to put it in but it appears to be the right part.

BirdRock

Reaction score
Old thread but I’m looking for replacement arms for window. Anyone know of a current source for replacement?

cosmic

Reaction score
I used the Sea Dog 324380-1 Side Vent Adjuster Kit
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ZFRGPC

The mounting piece was a bit different so the screws didn't align perfectly, but I was able to switch it with the old one by carefully pushing out the pivot pin near the handle.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
eBay usually has them. Local dealer will probably carry them as well.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I ordered through my dealer. Wanted a couple of spares to keep on hand.

20221104_045745.jpg