Cold Plates

gulfcart

Reaction score
Anyone tried to retro your fish box with the cold plates..Wish I'd ordered now. It's for'08 33 Express

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
steve,
a 33 at my marina was retrofitted this year. i think he is an '04 or '05. they were custom made plates, since the refrigeration connections had to be located in specific spots due to other equipment in the bilge area. also, they have a stainless steel case since the plates have to go inside the fishbox rather than around it like an OEM install. next time i see him i will let him know of your interest and he may post something to you. ron

gulfcart

Reaction score
Just gotta qoute...$5700..This is to do like OEM. Pull box, wrap in copper, insulate, install 110VAC water/air cooled unit. ... To much for me..I can buy a lot of ice for that.. Next boat! Live and Learn.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i believe his number was north of that. i'm thinking around 7k (i haven't seen him yet). it would make sense though since you would have the expense of pulling the box and reglassing it and he had those two biga$$ custom stainless plates. ron

gulfcart

Reaction score
Just in case anyone wants info..I was able to retro my fishbox for a freezer. I worked with a company called SeaFrost.. I pulled my box and wrapped with copper tubing for an evaporator, then reinsulated. Installled comnpressor with relay system for water pump.. It's work but I did it for about 2K versus a qoute for 6k..They send all lines and compressor pre charged..

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
hey congrats! must have been a ton of work. i just finished up on installing my electronics -- take everything apart; put everything back together.

ron