Command Link on new V6s

232 GULF

Reaction score
I think I'm going to be a guinea pig and repower my gulfstream with the new 300hp V6. Seems like it should be a great match for this boat. The new Command Link system for these new motors comes with a digital flush-mounted screen that gives you all the performance data. My question is what do you guys think they'll do about this in my 2000, where there's no space for a flush mounted monitor? Haven't asked the dealer who's going to do the install yet but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. Also if anyone has test driven or has experience with the new 300 I think we'd all enjoy some insight. Thanks in advance guys

can129

Reaction score
YAMAHA 300 V6

TALKED TO MY DEALER SATURDAY CONCERNING A NEW 300. HE SAYS THAT IT WILL BE MARCH OR LATER BEFORE HE COULD GET ONE AND THE PRICE FOR THE MOTOR AND CONTROLS WILL BE NEARING 30K. TOO MUCH FOR ME AT THIS TIME! I THINK I WILL WAIT FOR THE SUPPLY TO CATCH UP TO DEMAND BEFORE I WILL CONSIDER REPOWERING AGAIN. THAT PRICE IS WAY OUT OF LINE FOR MOST OF US TO CONSIDER. HE DID SAY THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF SCRATCH AND DENT V-8'S AROUND THAT ARE MUCH CHEAPER. BUT AS YOU KNOW, MOST OF US CAN NOT REPOWER WITH A V-8. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR DECISION

232 GULF

Reaction score
Right around 30k is the quote I got as well. My dealer is getting one in March and I have first dibs on it if I want it. Still weighing my options but leaning towards taking the plunge. I wish they had some performance numbers somewhere on this engine..... :roll: