Companion Seat in Sailfish

cwrisso

Reaction score
Hi people,

I have a 93 sailfish, and am interested in converting the passenger captains chair into a L-shaped companion seat like in the newer versions. Does anyone know if this can be done easily?

Thanks in advance for help,

Chris

ahill

Reaction score
The problem with the L shaped seat is passenger is sitting sideways to boat motion. Extremely uncomfortable in long choppy runs.
I know of several GW owners that want to convert back to captain chair.

HaleNalu

Reaction score
ahill said:
The problem with the L shaped seat is passenger is sitting sideways to boat motion. Extremely uncomfortable in long choppy runs.
I know of several GW owners that want to convert back to captain chair.

Tell them that I'd be happy to swap. I have captain chair in my 2005 282 and would love to swap for a companion seat. I have 3 friends with companion seats and much prefer that setup.

bc282

Reaction score
Thought about switching my chair to a 'L' companion seat, but after a weekend in my buddies Skagit Orca that has passengers seated sideways (of which i was one), i changed my mind and am keeping my forward facing chair. I really really did not like being seated sideways on long ruff PacNW trips, i found myself preferring to stand outside in the cockpit and holding grab rails for an hour and a half each way--in the cold rain freezing my numb hands :evil: :cry: :bang