Comparison LIst Please

townvet

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a 2009 Canyon 336. I love the boat. I love the quality and feel. I love the Grady service/reputation/ease of care/ ease of use.

I am thinking about trading the boat up to a 360 Express cabin as my family seems to enjoy boating more than I thought and want to start overnighting and taking weekend trips

What other brands of boats should I look at to do my due diligence before ordering a 360 Express?

Has there been any talk of a new model as the 360 may be getting a bit long in the tooth?

I need to get all my ducks in a row as last year I bought 2 boats from Grady and I am not ready to take a bath on a third in a short period of time.

Thanks

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Townvet,

Your question needs to be refined by what your use is going to be. Hard core fishing or lots of family time with occasional light to moderate tackle fishing. Once you hone that down you really need to look at the broad market. At the price you are talking for a 360 there are a lot of options out there for you. For the Maine built boats I have a guy you need to talk to, he is in Freeport and knows the Maine boat builders market as well as anyone and can tell you about the ownership and reputation of most. Not knowing your requirements the Carolina Classic 36 should get a look over, great company, quality owners if the boat fits your requirements. Pursuit would be on my list against a 360 all day long.

Take your time and have fun with the process. In the worst case you will have to tough out another season on your 336.

Tashmoo

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score
I have the 360. 07 really a nice set up. we fish when we want to, and cruise when we want to.it is just about the right set up for me. I like the shallow running ability, as i run the coastal waters all the time. took it to long island 2 years back, works just great. if you decide to purchase the 360, those of us whom have one, can give you a lot good advice on what we did and what we would suggest you do (like get the values out from under the rear berth). I have trip 250's the twin's 350 may be the best set up, but the 250 are like bullet proof.

townvet

Reaction score
Tashmoo,

My needs are simple yet demanding. I need a boat that is easy to handle as I like to go out with my 2 young boys fishing. Some serious off shore fishing but a lot of chasing striped bass in the rivers. When the Admiral and my young daughter come with us we like to cruise...and I feel they are ready for some overnight trips. I would like to be able to comfortably sleep ll 5 of us, be air conditioned, and be able to make it from NH to the Cape/Vineyard etc.. ad spend a few days on the boat without feeling too cramped.

Price is an object but the right boat will be worth the price tag.

Black Pearl II do you think you would be comfortable with 3 kids and 2 adults on your boat for extended weekends?

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score
we are very comfortable with the 360. when we made the trip to Nantucket, we had my oldest and his wife and my two teenage kids (son and daughter) for a total of 6. we almost always got a room for my wife and i or the married kids and then the other 4 stayed on the boat. no problem. my next trip is down the ICW and then across to the Bahamas, hopefully this coming May. I am not a big fan of the center consoles, as i find you get wet. we fished this summer, up came the rain storm, zipped in the canvas, turned on the helm AC and rode home dry and safe. I had the dealer shorten the drop curtains so that they go behind the seats but in front of the boxes, so i can leave them in all the time and still access my live well etc. works just like the bigger sport fishers. the best investment i ever made was having a bathroom, as the admiral and my daughter are more then willing to go, and my daughter almost always fishes with us. I have been very pleased with my boat. as you push up in price there are a lot of choices and they are much more affordable then they were when i purchased mine. I like to refer to my purchase as ' i got my just before the prices fell'. Let me know as you shop, as I said, there are a few things you may want to get modified, and in this market, you should be able to get either the dealer or Grady to do them.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There's a long list of boats that meet your requirements. The first big question is do you want outboards (GW, Jupiter, Pursuit,...) inboards (CC, Albe, Cabo, Viking, Tiara,...). Next would be how "fishy" you want the boat to be.

From the way things sound, you might want to be a 2 boat owner. A mid 20's to 30' walk or CC and the large one.