Compromised photo

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Back in the early 2000s, my wife and I used to take our boat up to Sekiu Washington to go salmon and halibut fishing. I had a favorite halibut spot that was about a 10 mile run and my wife didn't like it because it was 400 feet deep and commonly it was a bumpy ride back in the afternoon. She always wanted to fish right out front of the marina about 1 mile away and only 125 feet of water. I finally relented one trip and went where she wanted and low and behold we both right away caught our biggest halibut. Hers' was 75# and mine was 58#. She got a two-fer. Not only did she catch the biggest fish but she had an "i told you so" moment about where the best place to fish was. Over the years she always enjoys telling that story and that's why I would like to fix this picture, if there is a way. About the time we caught those fish, I had just got my first computer. The guy that took the picture worked for a newspaper and just happened to be on the dock when we pulled in. He took the picture and later he came to our RV with an SD card that had the picture on it. When we got home, I did like he said and we could see the picture and all was well.......until I tried to put it on a forum post. I didn't know what I was doing and in all my messing about, I somehow corrupted the picture to where it is pictulated if it is expanded at all. I had been trying to make the file smaller to fit on the forum and somehow lost track of the original. Does anyone know if there is a program that can make this photo good again? Sorry for the long story.

IHxHnoAl.png

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Nice story.

I can't help you, but I have to believe there is software that can fix it. I am sure there is hope!

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
depends on whether you still have the original file from the SD card. If you made it smaller to post somewhere, and that was a copy made at the time, then you might still have the original somewhere on your computer.

You can't fix that file. Its only 47kb 640x420 72dpi.

Last edited:

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
You probably shrunk the original to post somewhere and hit SAVE instead of SAVE AS.

Can't go back so try and find the original.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I think I do still have that computer up in the attic and I do have a bunch of old SD cards in a drawer. I'll do some investigation.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Just a little picture patina. Looks great. You don't want more resolution as SHE has the bigger fish!

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ha ha ha....yeah, she's been rubbing in that bigger fish story whenever she gets the chance. She's had lots of fun ribbing me about how much fuel I burned running 10 miles each way and winding up 400 feet of line with a 2 pound lead to check my bait when I coulda sat out in front of the marina, 10 minutes from the dock.

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Some of those online photo services really do wonders. Look on Etsy, there are a lot of people who advertise there and could answer if they could help

Reactions: Halfhitch

pcpisano

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Back in the early 2000s, my wife and I used to take our boat up to Sekiu Washington to go salmon and halibut fishing. I had a favorite halibut spot that was about a 10 mile run and my wife didn't like it because it was 400 feet deep and commonly it was a bumpy ride back in the afternoon. She always wanted to fish right out front of the marina about 1 mile away and only 125 feet of water. I finally relented one trip and went where she wanted and low and behold we both right away caught our biggest halibut. Hers' was 75# and mine was 58#. She got a two-fer. Not only did she catch the biggest fish but she had an "i told you so" moment about where the best place to fish was. Over the years she always enjoys telling that story and that's why I would like to fix this picture, if there is a way. About the time we caught those fish, I had just got my first computer. The guy that took the picture worked for a newspaper and just happened to be on the dock when we pulled in. He took the picture and later he came to our RV with an SD card that had the picture on it. When we got home, I did like he said and we could see the picture and all was well.......until I tried to put it on a forum post. I didn't know what I was doing and in all my messing about, I somehow corrupted the picture to where it is pictulated if it is expanded at all. I had been trying to make the file smaller to fit on the forum and somehow lost track of the original. Does anyone know if there is a program that can make this photo good again? Sorry for the long story.

IHxHnoAl.png
Awesome catch.

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I found one that supposedly will enhance the pixelation. It is called HitPaw.net. I found it searching for an app I think was called Pixel that I saw on TV.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I tried that HitPaw and it imptoved the picture some but not enough. I think I corrupted the file tooo much to repair it. For just a blurry picture from movement, it would probably help a lot. A little worried about having it on my computer though.