Considering 2004 Marlin purchase

Sea Hox

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Had motors surveyed with minor repairs ,tip seals, tune up 675 hours recently exhaust manifolds both done......225 Yamahas original to boat.....
Next survey the hull and assemblies.....I see transom cap surprised aluminum on top quality boat totally rotted and area around screw holes with screw head gone...Seller was not as concerned as me having a Robalo with moist transom recently......
Second concern was inside cabin headliner has two 10" cracks one above sink other at most forward point of cabin headliner......
Comments of anybody having these issues pleas chime in......Thanks potentional new Grady owner

Fishtales

Reaction score
The cap is prone to electrolysis. I have some on my 2006. It was changed to a plastic material later. Personally, the liner, hull transom joint is the weakest part of the Grady design. They really should be glassing the joint over versus using a screwed cap and little covers on the edge of the wells. This is done on all models. The cabin cracks occur due to expansion differences in the headliner and the structure. GW was fixing these free of charge in the past. You can ask the seller to see if he can arrange to have it done.

Absolutely Nothing

Reaction score
I am the second owner of a 2004 Marlin that developed headliner cracks after I purchased the boat. A Grady rep has repaired the cracks and you would never know they were there. No charges. It did take a while for them to get to my area of the country.

Reactions: Zebulon