Considering 22 Seafarer with Offshore bracket - feedback on brackets?

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hi folks,

I have: 93 Tournament 20 foot. Close to buying: 95 Seafarer 22 with offshore bracket - it is the thinner V-type that just goes back to the motor with kicker off hull.

Yamaha 4 strokes all around, not exactly sure of HP of main engine as he already pulled ad, we are that close to a deal.

I have done a bit of reading on what these do but was hoping for some feedback from Grady folks with similar set ups - Advantages, disadvantages etc.

Thanks all for chiming in, Dave.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I am not familiar with that style bracket. I have an 08 model and the bracket and full swim platform are nice in my opinion. you do have to work bigger fish around the motor here and there but overall it's a nice set up.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have: 93 Tournament 20 foot. Close to buying: 95 Seafarer 22 with offshore bracket - it is the thinner V-type that just goes back to the motor with kicker off hull.

Yamaha 4 strokes all around, not exactly sure of HP of main engine as he already pulled ad, we are that close to a deal.

I have done a bit of reading on what these do but was hoping for some feedback from Grady folks with similar set ups - Advantages, disadvantages etc.

Thanks all for chiming in, Dave.
You are about to buy and you don't know the HP of the motor? Have you seen the boat? The bracket you are talking about it will be the same as in smokys boat without the swim platform as far as I know . I have a 2013 model, they are different, longer , wider and all aluminum including the platform. My old 228 had the ally bracket and F/G platform. The advantage is you have a closed transom, more deck space and makes the boat longer . I prefer that to the 226 open transom and looks like most others do as well, probably the reason GW discontinued the 226.