Cool Seafarer 228G Video

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I priced that bait rigging station from Short Marine. AUD$5000. Maybe not.

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
I had a 228G- great boat and great looks....

Pighunter

Reaction score
Lucky,
Your 228 looks great, you need a longer shirt!o_O

Slim grady

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
In the video he looks like he has the flooring that I want to get done on my seafarer that marine decking type flooring

Slim grady

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Regular floor but I wanted to buy that soft teak decking in a grey color.. got a quote from marinedecking they quoted 1650 to do the entire boat. Comes with 4 year warranty here's the galley link scroll down to the Grady ...looks amazing

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
The 228 is a beautiful boat. Hard to tell if the bait station is removable. Appears to be with the handles.

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I can imagine. Why did you sell or do we now want to know?
Moved to Florida and logistically couldn’t coordinate the move with the boat. We sold our CT house and moved to Florida in about 45 days.

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Nice boat Luckydude. Looks like you guys were ready to rock.

Some of the best days of my life in the last few years were on that boat with my kid. I'm kinda screwed up health wise so
a day on the boat is awesome. I'm super happy I bought a Grady, expensive but less worries and I'm all about the less worries.

Reactions: Pighunter

Gradywhiteonthehorizon

Reaction score
11755 3rd Street E Treasure Island, FL33706
Model
Seafarer
Yah, pretty much the exact same on this end too. Although, having no kids around me, not much going on there. I couldn’t even walk into the water from the beach without help this past July. My boat is great therapy all the way around. It’s a challenge with pain but, well worth the effort my friend.

We’ve got the Kings on the prowl here. I’m learning how catch those puppies now.

Reactions: Pighunter

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Yah, pretty much the exact same on this end too. Although, having no kids around me, not much going on there. I couldn’t even walk into the water from the beach without help this past July. My boat is great therapy all the way around. It’s a challenge with pain but, well worth the effort my friend.

We’ve got the Kings on the prowl here. I’m learning how catch those puppies now.

I feel you. My goal is to put some memories in my brain before I can't. I don't want be a stupid Grady fan boy but I love that it mostly works. More so than other brands so far as I know. I don't want to work on the boat, I want the boat to bring me pleasure. That's why I bought it.

I'm 58, I still harbor some hope that maybe a Dr will figure me out and fix me, that would be great, but I doubt it. So the boat is pretty much the only big thing I have in my life. That is not quite right, my wife loves me, but after 22+ years, sex is off the table. My dogs help, oh, man, my dogs, they are why I'm not dead. I love those dogs and they love me. So great. So you take the goodness, whatever that is, you take it.

I'm sorry you have pain, that shit sucks. People who don't have chronic pain just don't know what that is like. It just never goes away.

I hope you go get some fish, power over the pain for a while, have some fun. I bought my Grady to do just that. It is not easy but I have some fun as well. I'm guessing you are Aussie or Kiwi, Kings are what we call yellow tail tuna, right?

Hang in there, pain sucks. Catch some fish.

Last edited:

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I priced that bait rigging station from Short Marine. AUD$5000. Maybe not.

Wow! I could make something like that all out of glass and make it removable. I need to think about this! lol

Gradywhiteonthehorizon

Reaction score
11755 3rd Street E Treasure Island, FL33706
Model
Seafarer
I feel you. My goal is to put some memories in my brain before I can't. I don't want be a stupid Grady fan boy but I love that it mostly works. More so than other brands so far as I know. I don't want to work on the boat, I want the boat to bring me pleasure. That's why I bought it.

I'm 58, I still harbor some hope that maybe a Dr will figure me out and fix me, that would be great, but I doubt it. So the boat is pretty much the only big thing I have in my life. That is not quite right, my wife loves me, but after 22+ years, sex is off the table. My dogs help, oh, man, my dogs, they are why I'm not dead. I love those dogs and they love me. So great. So you take the goodness, whatever that is, you take it.

I'm sorry you have pain, that shit sucks. People who don't have chronic pain just don't know what that is like. It just never goes away.

I hope you go get some fish, power over the pain for a while, have some fun. I bought my Grady to do just that. It is not easy but I have some fun as well. I'm guessing you are Aussie or Kiwi, Kings are what we call yellow tail tuna, right?

Hang in there, pain sucks. Catch some fish.