Cooler drain plugs...

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Are there any aftermarket drain plugs for the built in coolers? Took the boat out on a 4-day adventure, filled both coolers with ice and was disappointed to see on day two that the drain plugs had come lose and drained all the water out, which made all the ice melt very quickly. I pushed those rubber things in has hard as I could, but they kept popping out (I assume due to drinks in the cooler banging around). Just wondering if there is a better plug than the stock rubber chunk.

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I use the small rubber transom plugs with the twist screw on top to expand the plug when tightened. They seem to hold better Available at West Marine. Works for me.

Reactions: FREEDOM!!!

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I use the small rubber transom plugs with the twist screw on top to expand the plug when tightened. They seem to hold better Available at West Marine. Works for me.
That's exactly what I was thinking about. Something that either twists or flips down and expands. I'll check West Marine

Gulffisher

Reaction score
You are most likely looking for this plug

T-H Marine Push - In Livewell, Baitwell Drain Plug​

This one fits my 330 express fish locker drain.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
You are most likely looking for this plug

T-H Marine Push - In Livewell, Baitwell Drain Plug​

This one fits my 330 express fish locker drain.
I'll check that out. The ones that came with the boat are just round chunks of solid rubber. They fall out too easily and let all the water out.