Cost of new top & curtains on a 204c

timo14

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a new top & curtains. My top is acutally in pretty good shape. The side and rear curtains are a little cloudy and the zippers aren't the easiest to work... but they are still functional. My front curtain is gone. It shattered in the cold last winter... it was a cold ride back to the ramp.

My windshield/front curtain was sewn to the top and snapped to the windshield. I hated that it was sewn to the top. I only used it in the rain and in the winter... the rest of the time it just flapped around up there and made it really difficult to get the top into the boot.

I have been contemplating 2 things. Just getting the front curtain replaced... and having it made to zip to the top. There would also have to be zippers on the side that would have to mesh with the existing side curtain zippers. Not sure if any canvas guys would even want to do that... seems like a real pain in the butt.

2nd option is to replace everything. I hate to spend the money right now, but i really need the front curtain.

Anyone put new canvas & curtains on their Overnighter or Adventurer? Just wondering how much the full replacement would cost.

Thanks.

jweschler

Reaction score
I am not sure what you are asking, I just finished a full enclosure bimini top and windows all around for a bayliner. I am going to be doing my 232 Gulfstream full windows and moring cover this winter. the zippers on the sides and new front curtain might be difficault do to you need to remove before you replace with a new zipper pocket for the sides. And for the front is it attached to the hard top or binmini? If it is a hard top you can put a track in and attach it to the curtain. And if you want to replace the old windows with 30 or 40 gauge window material its $99.00 a roll. So you have options it depends are what you want to spend and how easy it is to do yourself. I spend $600 on the materials for the full enclosure and morning cover. The time would be roughly 20-30 hours to do everything. I am still learning though, I have done two sets of interior cushions and one full bimini top and side windows and my rear seat in vinyl and roll and pleat. I live in Maryland if you want me to look at it and give more suggestions but I am no expert....JW

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tim,

I had my top replaced and cushions redone about 6 or 7 years ago in Ft Lauderdale. I cannot remeber the exact cost of the tops and curtains as it was done awhile ago and in conjunction with bow, helm, and seat cushions. I want to say the top and curtains were about $1,200.

Mine are patterned after the original factory top and curtains. The front curtain zips to the top, snaps to the wndshield fram bottom, and has a center opening that is zippered. The center opening rolls up when open. The curtain attaches to the side curtains by zippers as you thought. The side curtains attach to the top by zipper and snap to the cabin side. My curatins are in 3 sections, two sides and a front.

In the redo I did add a zipper to the back of the new top (SunBrella) in case I ever wanted to add a stern curtain. The shop measured and built the top (existing frame) in the shop with all the curtains cut and zippers installed. At the boat they set up the top and marked the existing snaps on the boat with a crayon and installed snaps to match on the top.

The only problem was the new top ended up slightly higher because of a slight change in the geometry of the frame. The top ended up blocking the windshield mounted nav light from view to the stern. If I tried to adjust the geometry of the top the curtains would not fit properly. ended up on a long search for a replacement light.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
$ 1200 several years ago include new frame, (height) to my specs, to replicate Grady full enclosure. I brought to the canvas guy the Grady catalog showing the full enclosure option for him to use as a guide. Two section front, one section side, and three section rear, as I recall.

I used straps on the front frame only, and used vertical stainless tubes on the rear supports. I also had him make the front windows more vertical instead of sloped back.

If you just want some windws made differently, they figure price by the square inch 9or foot), as I recall, plus an adder for zippers. You can figure your own price if you find out the cost factor.

If you are on a budget, when he quotes you a price verbally face to face, moan, and say, why so much? What can you do ? Times are tough ! I don't want to do without! I have marin abuddies I can recommedn to you. (I can go on!)

den3221

Reaction score
Had Bimini Top, Side & Front Curtains and a Drop Curtain made to an existing frame for just over $1000 down in North Carolina. Have a 1989 Overnighter. Went with some Navy Blue Sunbrella fabric they had in stock to keep the price down.

I had priced around my area and estimates were $1200 to $1600 to have it done (probably varies depending on how busy the shops are)