coustom covers

grady 306 bimini

Reaction score
i have no idea where to look to find a nice set of storage covers for my 283 release (console cover, lean post cover, big overall cover or any other covers for it)any imput is greatly appreciated
tim

Tashmoo

Reaction score
I could not find anyone that was making covers for my 275, production or custom. I called GW customer service and they gave me the number for the company that makes their canvas, they were willing to make whatever I wanted but they needed a boat to pattern off of. They were also a lot more money then my local guy. I bit the bullet and had mine made locally. If you go local vet out your canvas company, from my experience, people in this business are not the most reliable. In the end I got what I was looking for, it was not cheap but then again neither was my boat.

Boat%20on%20trailer%20with%20cover%20III.JPG

JiminGA

Reaction score
Try www.coversearch.com.

We got ours there and are pleased with the quality. I'd call it a "semi-custom" as it is designed/sized for boats with T-Tops (walkarounds OR center consoles). The pricing was reasonable and I would purchase this cover again.

DSC00540%20(Medium).JPG

JiminGA

Reaction score
Actually both Coversearch and Boatcoversdirect are resellers. The cover you see in the pic I posted is the same cover offered by both companies - the same manufacturer makes it. I think it is made by Carver (no relation to the boat maker).

I mentioned Coversearch because I was able to discuss my needs with the guy in charge and get my questions answered. I found their service to be very responsive, but I'm sure the other one is good too.

ticklestik

Reaction score
I have the 283 Release and ended up having custom made covers for the console, leaning post and engines. Additionally, I had a "bimini" made for the cockpit area, although it is not a true bimini in that there is no frame, it rolls up and can be stowed when not in use. I also had them make eisenglass drops and wings.

I live in South Florida and had a local company make the covers. They were recommended by my dealer.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Covers

I learned the hard way on my Sailfish what needs to be covered to protect from the sun. I had covers made for my bolsters, entry access, helm and helm chairs for the marlin. Those were the are areas that the sun ate up. I had Keith at Dockside Canvas make them for me. Paid less than 800 for them. While he was at it I also had a sun cover made that matches the blue curtains on the boat. The wife likes to be out of the sun in the afternoon heat. Again I have been pleased with his work.

grady 306 bimini

Reaction score
i have looked into all the cover makers you suggested and there is no one who makes covers for my 306 i think i might have to go coustom
tim

grady 306 bimini

Reaction score
Tashmoo: who made the covers for your 275..........the north shore isnt that hard for me to get the 306 because i have a trailer and could easily transport the boat to the canvas shop

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Has anyone ordered a boat cover for a sailfish from boatcoversdirect or another? Did it fit well? I need it to go over my rocket launchers, radar and antennas and I'd like it over the pulpit. I also have outriggers.

eppem

Reaction score
I have used a cover on my 265 express from boatcoversdirect for the last two winters - works great, has paid for itself (vs shrink wrap), and its greenreusable so I feel good about it!