Cover for 265 Express

Bonnie Blue

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Hello all-- I'm looking for a cover and am not sure what makers are good or not so good and what a reasonable price range I'm looking at. Suggestions please? Thanks

eppem

Reaction score
Try boatcovers.com - bought a semi custom cover from them in 2008 and never looked back. My boat is only covered for 8-10 weeks or so and its been great. It was a little saggy in the bow so we built a basic frame from PVC - cover still works and looks great! Cost about 750 vs shrink wrap of 350 every year.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
eppem said:
Try boatcovers.com - bought a semi custom cover from them in 2008 and never looked back. My boat is only covered for 8-10 weeks or so and its been great. It was a little saggy in the bow so we built a basic frame from PVC - cover still works and looks great! Cost about 750 vs shrink wrap of 350 every year.

I followed eppe's advice. 6 seasons and going strong here.

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This seems like a good option. Could you please post a picture of the covered boat? I would like to see how they handle the hardtop and getting it on/off.

Thanks

Bonnie Blue

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I'll give them a call, thanks. I would also like to see a picture of the cover going over the hard top. Did you place some soft cribbing on the top to protect the cover from the outrigger and antenna mounts?

eppem

Reaction score
Made some sleeves and covers for all the stuff mounted on the hard-top with scraps of carpet.

eppem

Reaction score
I took my cover off yesterday and took a photo with it on. I am on the road now, email me at mike@diversemm.com and I can send the photo from my phone, otherwise I can try to load it when I get back.

Bonnie Blue

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Boat covers.com was a no go. He said the width and the hardtop was more than he can do.

Bonnie Blue

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Boatcovers direct.com. That's the right place. Thanks eppem. I'm waiting on the wife to pick out a color she likes.