Cover for Fresh Water Shower

BigBill

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
New Grady owner as of today!! Quick question - anyone know where I can get a replacement cover for the hull mounted fresh water shower for a 2008 Seafarer 226. Dealer says they are hard to come by and not in stock with GW. Look forward to participating and learning!! Thanks

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you are after the stainless steel cap google Scandvik 12153. I got mine through Essen Bay Marine eBay store for $39.95. Don’t have one listed at the moment. It is listed as a new design and you may need to enlarge the hole in the transom. I upgraded from a plastic cap and had to make the hole larger. Here is one link. What I got was cup and cap.

Last edited:

seasick

Reaction score
If it is the plastic Scanvik cover, I see them in my marine parts stores. If the recessed base is 'tired', you may want to replace the cup and lid. Before doing that, make sure you can remove the spray head from the hose. Sometimes the threads fuse together.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Mine eventually failed and like the other guys said I went to a stainless job and had to enlarge the hole. at the time I did order through Grady . I got some epoxy resin after making the hole bigger and liberally applied it to the exposed wood in the transom cap/gunwhale where my shower is mounted. I let the resin cure and then bedded it with 4200 ( not 5200) to seal out moisture from the top.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd google the part and look at the pics to match up and then order via the web. May be required to buy the entire assembly for some models. Some links below.

Keeldad

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The cap on mine wouldn’t stay seated so I took a black zip tie, the type with the eye used for securing wire bundles, cut off all but about 1/2 inch of the tie and ran a longer mounting screw through eye. Now I just pivot the 1/2”tag end over the cap to keep it seated.