covering deck

captdanpatrick

Reaction score
Looking to put some kind of mat on the back deck. Was looking for solid mats that hook together, I think the ones with the holes would be harder to keep the area clean. Any idea of what to use. do a lot of charters fishing and dive, want something for underneath tanks and for people to walk on. Lot of paying customers do not respect what you pay for these boats. I have a 282 sailfish. thanks for any idea's. captdanptrick

Fishtales

Reaction score
I think you are onto it. Sears and others sell a line that snap together for garages. Sturdy enough but not sure what it would do the glass underneath.
I have some in my backyard sport court from Snap sports. There are a quite a few that offer it on the web - not sure for that size though. It generally is hard plastic so I'd be afraid it would scratch the cockpit deck. One option could be a couple of heavy rubber mats or maybe a thinner mat with the plastic squares on top.

For non-commercial lobstering I used heavy white mat material and hung it over the gunnel to protect the top of the gunnel and the hull side when pulling them up. Worked well.