Crocker's Marine Closing?

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree with Bob that those lines give a good range of price and value for outboard boats. Carolina Skiffs are also very popular around NC for entry level backwater boating.

The other major dealer in the area who sold Pursuit, Scout, Southport is essentially only in a brokerage mode and downsized considerably. At this time there is really no dealer for premium outboard boats in the SE NC area.

I am aware of one possible NC GW dealer which cannot reveal at this time. The announcement should come soon. There is speculation that MarineMax will pick up Crocker's franchise in the WB area but this has NOT been confirmed. They do carry GW in other markets so they are a likely candidate. I have never been to one of their dealerships and know little about them.

The most daunting question is whether the new GW dealers be able to match the sales, service, customer repport, and family feel of both Morehead Marine and Crockers.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Makes sense -

This is the best time to buy such a business, at fire sale prices, like anything else - including real estate not just in SW florida but all over too.
And there's plenty of investment money around, hence the stupid 1.5% interest bank rates on CDs!

In a few years when the economy comes back around, however slow it is taking it's time, some will kick themselves for passing up such "BUY" opportunities.

Jimmcc

Reaction score
Georgetown Grady

Tailwalkers in Georgetown is the new Grady Dealer there.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Fishermanbb said:
Inside word is it has nothing to do with the economy. Apparently after Kay passed away the son's heart just wasn't in it anymore and he decided to get out of the business.

I heard the same thing from another source this past weekend.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Park Boats in Washington is now on the GW site as their dealer in Eastern NC....

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Glad to see you GG guys in the carolinas being taken cared of.

shadow379

Reaction score
last chance store hours

The store in Wilmington, NC on Green Meadows Dr. will be open today Thursday 10-29-09, closed Friday, and open a few hours Saturday am. I just loaded up on some stuff yesterday. Found some new cabin cushions, and batteries 50% off, tons of other gear. Seats, rod holders, etc.