CT Yamaha and Hull Survey Recommendations

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Can anyone recommend a Yamaha and hull surveyor in CT? I called a few and no-one seems to do both. I would like the mid sections of a pair of 225's scoped and a structural hull survey done. I have not looked at the boat yet but I am hoping to get an idea on a timeline and their process.

Thanks

Andrew

seasick

Reaction score
In my area, those surveys usually require 2 people.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Check out these two sites, if you haven’t already, and call around to see if anyone might do both. As stated above, not all marine surveyors do outboard work/inspections and you might have to hire a Yamaha tech to come out and look at the boat with you. Either that or I took mine to my local Grady White dealer when I got it back from the east coast and when they winterized the boat, I had them drop the lower unit and inspect for the dry exhaust corrosion issues. Fortunately, the GW dealer I bought it from on the east coast was being honest and there weren’t any problems, but it was nice to know they were being honest and have that peace of mind after spending $26.5k on the boat and driving it 3,009 miles back across the country by myself.

Reactions: Andrew93